piSignage has multiple audio capabilities and is used in number of different applications.
- Audio source - Audio files of format MP3 or AAC, MP4 video can be uploaded. Audio streams such as Shoutcast, Internet Radio can be added as Streaming link. For more details refer to support article.
- Background Music - Audio file or stream can be selected to play in background by selecting "play in background" checkbox next to the music asset. The background music can be for slideshow of images or as a audio for the video files which are muted.
- Lounge Music - While piSignage is used for signage applications, lounge music can be provided from the 3.5mm aux port. This is done by adding mp3 files to a playlist and set the type of playlist as audio playlist. The audio playlist is then added to the Group and scheduled as needed.
- Selection of Audio from other zone videos - By selecting mute option for the main zone video, other zone audio or background music can be played. The order of audio selection is Main > Side > Bottom > Background Audio
- Volume can be selected under Group settings in terms of percentage of full volume.
- Same Audio is played on both HDMI and aux ports unless Lounge music option is selected.