There are number of properties of players which can be controlled by configuring Group settings.All the settings defined here take precedence over player webUI settings. Here are description of them.
1. Resolution - Define the resolution for the players associated with the group. Player will reboot and configure accordingly.
2. Orientation - Define the screen orientation the hardware level.
- The orientation defined at the playlist layout level works based on CSS and will not work for webpage type links, logos, emergency message and clock widgets.
- In portrait mode, there could be black border(gap) appearing. You can remove the border by adjusting overscan values in the player webUI.
3. Screen Background - You can select a CSS color code to define the screen background. Default is black.
4. Animation - You can select a SVG based animation for the image and notice transitions. Since Pi has limited processing power, animations may not be at their best.
5. Clock widget - You can display clock widget either in 24 hour or 12 hour format on the top-right or bottom-right corner.
6. Display Logo - You can display a png image as logo at the selected position on top of the signage content.
7. URL caching - Depending on your need you can enable the cache for the URL or reload each time by selecting URL reload option.
8. Stretch Video to full screen - Select this option so that video is shown in fullscreen, otherwise it will be shown based on the aspect ratio and size.
9. Stretch Image to full screen - Select this option so that image is stretched to fullscreen, otherwise it will be shown based on the aspect ratio and size.
10. Volume - Select the Video and Audio volume in terms of percentage (default is 100%)
11. Stop video to show adverts - You can stop video after programmed number of seconds to show adverts and then continue.
12. Schedule TV ON and OFF - To schedule TV ON and OFF everyday select the enable option. There may be a delay upto 5 minutes.
For finer upto-minute accuracy and more scheduling options use TV_OFF playlist scheduling under Group instead of this.