Known Issues in piSignage for Raspberry Pi 5 and Pi 4 (Bookworm Release)
- VLC Media Player is set to play videos in Fullscreen by default. Videos set to play in the Main/Side/Bottom zones will always play in fullscreen.
- Lower-resolution Videos (example: 1280x720) will be tiled to the Top-Left corner of the screen.
- When Portrait mode is selected from Group Settings, the video plays in Letterbox mode.
- 4K Videos are not supported.
- VLC Video player sometimes pauses the Video playback (only in Raspberry Pi 4)
Webpage links with CORS Support (wait for updates!)
- Raspberry Pi crashes to the Login screen sometimes when multiple weblinks assets are deployed.
- Zoom factor - To be fixed.
- Caching of WebPages by using the "Keep weblinks in memory" option from Group settings does not work.
Video Playback on MPV Player(Use default player instead)
- Videos assigned to the Side/Bottom zone will be displayed in the middle of the screen with a window title bar.
Logo Player(enable "Only browser widgets" from Group Settings.)
- Normally widgets are rendered by Linux programs, in this case, transparent Logos have a darker rectangular border and widgets flicker when an asset changes.
- To avoid the same you can use browser widgets (which won’t show up in case of webpage links and VLC Player video play).
Use the 4.9.0 release or wait for updates!)
- We do not recommend using the Kiosk feature as it is untested and is a work in progress
Dual Display - Tile/Mirror Mode (Use the 4.9.0 release or wait for updates!)