You can define the validity period for an asset between 2 dates. This will help in putting an advertisement or content specifically during a period. For e.g. Thanksgiving Day Sale from Nov 1 - Nov 23. The asset will be removed automatically from all the players if the duration criteria is not met.
Assets can not be scheduled, to schedule assets, you need to prepare playlists using those assets and schedule playlist as mentioned in the next section.
- Scheduling content can be done by preparing multiple playlists one for each period and adding them under Group. Playlists can be scheduled under group for a duration of days, specific week days, specific month days and/or for particular duration of the day.
- Under Group, press Add playlist button, enable schedule using calendar icon and specify one or all parameters for schedule.
- When there are no playlists scheduled, default playlist will play (which could be TV_OFF if you want the TV to be off in such cases).
- The schedule for a group can be viewed on a calendar by clicking View Schedule button
- TV ON and OFF can be scheduled for each day under Group > Settings
- Advertisement assets can be inserted at regular intervals by creating a advertisement playlist and adding it under Group
- Domination content can be inserted at regular intervals (every 10 minutes) by defining the playlist type as domination and adding to the group
- Event playlists can be added to the group to play when an external event occurs
You can also look at the blog article for examples on scheduling.
Please sign in to leave a comment.