piSignage recommends Raspberry Pi players as they are proven hardware with industry-standard Linux distribution. We always first develop and test the feature for Pi.
Apart from Raspberry Pi, piSignage is available for these platforms
- A Progressive web app that needs a chromium-browser with HD video play support - load the URL https://pisignage.com/player2/ or https://pisignage.com/getplayer to install the app. This should also work on Chrome OS that has Google Chrome Browser. Watch our YouTube video HERE to know more.
The PWA uses service workers for offline storage of code and data and works well with Chrome. Other browsers may need to be online for the app to work.
- Debian/Ubuntu version of the player for which the image needs to be generated as per instructions provided at Player2_Installation_Procedure.
- Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu, etc
- Intel CPU-based NUC and other boards
- Radxa Rock 4C+
- Odroid N2
- An Android application is available at Google Play Store which works both on Android TV as well as Mobile. This Android app can be installed on the latest Google Chrome cast (new one with Android TV) devices too. Watch our YouTube video HERE to know more.
- Chromecast - piSignage app can be used on the Chromecast as well, but every time Chromecast restarts, the app has to be pushed to the Chromecast using a Laptop or Smartphone. More details at https://www.pisignage.com/homepage/documentation.html#chromecast.
- Chrome OS [DEPRECATED] - piSignage has been in use in many installations as Chrome App. More details are available at https://www.pisignage.com/homepage/documentation.html#chromeos